Instead of sending staff to us, let us bring our training services to you. In-house training will allow your company to provide cost effective training, delivered at a location and time to suit the needs of your business. We make our training available in your premises throughout the UK and internationally without any compromise in quality. You can also access our elearning or blended learning programmes through in-house arrangements. ACT has over 20 years of experience delivering bespoke training packages, adapted to each industry and your business's needs.
To learn more about our in-house training services, call us on 01384447918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are well placed to help clients to prioritise competency requirements listed in their training matrix and provide solutions through in-house classroom/workplace based programmes, e-learning or blended learning programmes.
A wide range of courses are available, including ones to develop professional competence, learn good management practices and techniques, manage specific risks, develop work activity skills and raise awareness. See our outline of in-house courses below.
ACT prides itself on its less prescriptive approach to health, safety and environmental training, preferring to work with clients to establish solutions that are both acceptable and workable. Therefore, we provide standard training that is tailored to your needs or can develop bespoke courses, including seeking awarding body approval for them where relevant.
All our standard courses can be provided in-house, in the UK or internationally, to suit situations where you have a group of people that require training, to enable them to have easy access to learning or provide an opportunity to make the training relevant to the workplace with real, relevant situations.
Tailored or developed courses enable the inclusion of material that makes the learning relevant to the organisation and to the student. This can include documents, site specific still and moving images, reference to current initiatives, inclusion of case studies and relevant learning exercises. Course materials can often be adapted to include branding of your organisation and may be translated into languages other than English.
ACT has an established reputation for the provision of health, safety and environmental training and has delivered off the shelf and bespoke training packages for over 20 years. We have satisfied training initiatives that require a large number of people to be trained over a short period, required innovative solutions like blended learning and have even trained the organisation’s trainers to deliver courses.
Our training has impressed many clients and delegates, because we provide quality presentations, make it personal and interesting to delegates that are from diverse backgrounds.
Don’t just take our word for it! This is what some of our training clients had to say:
“The trainers had superb knowledge of their subject matter and varied the training methods to suit all students”
“I thought the course was well presented and I have certainly gained a great deal of knowledge as well as refreshing parts that I haven’t used for many a year.”
“The staff at ACT were always there to give assistance by using many different methods of communication."
All trainers are endorsed by the appropriate awarding bodies and training provided by the ACT Academy is regularly audited and achieves recognition of its high standards. We limit the number on our classroom courses to enable you to participate to the level you are comfortable with and to provide you with personal attention. We produce our own course materials and learning resources enabling us to keep them relevant to learning and client needs.
In-house training from ACT will allow you to provide costs effective training, delivered at a location and time to suit your needs. Bespoke training programmes can be developed to meet your precise requirements.
Outline of in-house courses
If the course you want is not listed here or somewhere else on our website, contact us, we can probably source it for you and pass on preferential prices we obtain.
- National General Certificate
- Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Certificate in Construction
- National Diploma
- International General Certificate
- International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- International Diploma
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Health and Safety at Work Level 2 Award
City and Guilds:
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice (leads to Grad IOSH membership and CMIOSH)
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (leads to Tech IOSH membership)
- Managing Safely
- Managing Safely Refresher
- Safety for Senior Executives
- Supervising Safely
- Working Safely
- Principal Designer
- Certificate in Safety Programme Auditing
- OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead Auditor
- OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead Auditor - conversion course
- OHSAS 18001 Internal auditor
- ISO 14001 Auditor/Lead Auditor
- ISO 14001 Internal environmental auditor
- Manual Handling Trainer’s Certificate
- Behavioural Safety (Improving safety behaviour)
- CoSHH assessment
- Fire Responsible Person
- Legionella Responsible Person
- Stress Management
- Food hygiene - Basic and Advanced
- Health and Safety in the Workplace - Level 2
- Health and Safety in the Workplace - Level 3
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Principles of CoSHH - Level 2
- Principles and practice of Manual Handling - Level 2
- Level 3 Award in Training - principles and practice
CITB Construction Skills - Site Safety Plus:
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Achieving Behavioural Change (ABC)
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- SMSTS/SSSTS refresher
- Plant Manager Safety Training Scheme (PMSTS)
- PMSTS refresher
ECITB – CCNSG:
- Safety Passport National Course
- Safety Passport renewal
- Leading a Team Safely
- UKATA Asbestos awareness – Category A
- UKATA Non-licensed Asbestos Work – Category B
General Training - Essential skills:
- Abrasive wheels
- Accident investigation
- Asbestos awareness (UKATA)
- Confined spaces
- Control of contractors
- CoSHH assessment (iAS)
- Display screen equipment assessment
- Employee Safety Representatives
- Environmental awareness
- Fire extinguishers use
- Fire marshal training
- Fire responsible persons (iAS)
- Fire risk assessment
- First aid
- Forklift truck driver certification
- Health and safety awareness (CIEH)
- Hazardous substances (CIEH)
- Legionella Responsible Person (iAS)
- Manual handling assessment
- Manual handling techniques
- Manual Handling Trainer’s Certificate (iAS)
- PASMA mobile access tower
- Risk Assessment
- Site waste management plans
- Stress Management (iAS)
- Temporary works
- Train the trainer (CIEH)
- Underground service and avoidance 'cat and genny'
- Working at height
To see how ACT can be of assistance, please contact our sales team on +44 (0) 1384 447915 to discuss the learning options available, or alternatively send us an email and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.